En juillet, des activistes ont organisé une semaine d'action à Ibiza pour dénoncer les émissions démesurées engendrées par le luxe des 1% les plus riches. Nous sommes désolés, la suite de cet article n’a pu être traduite. "We are glued to a private jet at Ibiza...
Universidad de Valladolid (GEEDS)
In order to reduce its carbon footprint, The Group of Energy, Economy and Systems Dynamics (GEEDS) of the University of Valladolid has approved a sustainable Travel Policy in November 2020.
The document aims to guide GEEDS staff in minimizing GHG emissions in business trips, and also to motivate and inspire the rest of the university community.
Although special attention is paid to air travel reduction, the policy also focuses on adopting selective criteria that prioritize the use of ground and collective transportation instead of individual means of transport.
Commitments to reduce emissions during trips:
GEEDS staff is committed to:
- Implement a long-term strategy aimed at a significant and sustainable reductions of emissions related to travel.
- Propose and collaborate with the University of Valladolid in the implementation of the tools, procedures and resources needed to facilitate the use of sustainable means of transport in their business trips.
- Build an organizational culture that promotes sustainable traveling.
- Use the emission records and the analysis of its evolution as a tool to raise awareness of the travelling impact among the university community.
- Play a proactive role in raising awareness among other actors -social, economic, institutional, etc.- about the socio-environmental impacts of the most polluting means of transport, especially aviation.
Concrete measures to reduce air travel:
- Carrying out an inventory of trips and measuring the emissions associated with them, taking 2019 as a base year.
- Annual evaluation of emissions in relation to the previous year and setting the objectives for subsequent years.
- For the sake of transparency, creation of a tool for collecting data on members’ emissions and publication of this data and the inventory of trips.
- Assessment of the real need to participate in any activity involving air travel.
- Selection of the means of transport to be used by means of a decision-making hierarchy that gives priority to land and collective means of transport over individual means of transport, with the airplane being the last option to be chosen. If it is necessary to use the plane, GEEDS will give priority to direct flights and airlines with lower emission intensity.
- Committing to assuming budgets that meet the principles of the travel policy.